CAUSE FOR ALARM - WARZONE SPLIT

Sunday, January 27, 2008


Cause for Alarm, back together again, still have an early 80's hardcore sound reminicent of their first EP. One of the songs, "Beyond Birth and Death," is actually an Agnostic Front song from their 1986 album titled "Cause for Alarm," with different lyrics (Krishna, like the other three) - Alex Kinon, CFA's guitar player, was in both bands at one point. The songs are not too bad, although they are not very original or interesting either. The production is a little too slick as well, and there's too much wanky guitar solo stuff. Like the rest of the early NYHC bands, I like Cause for Alarm because they were so raw.

Warzone - the first song is really good; the breakdown part is kinda over the top, but overall it's a good fast hardcore song. Maybe my opinion is biased though: before I had gotten into punk, when I was a sophomore in high school, this older kid at my school (who I swear was the coolest person) made me a hardcore punk mix tape. The first song was "Bullshit Authority," which opens with somebody banging on a piano, then goes right into this raging hardcore part: "BULLSHIT! AUTHORITY!" It was crazy, I had never heard anything like it before... I got rid of my "grunge" CDs, and that was it...--CHRIS[KFTH]

Original Release Date: 1995
Label: Victory Records
Bitrate: 128kbps
15.05MB

TRACK LISTING

CAUSE FOR ALARM
1. Reflection
2. Beyond Birth and Death
3. Eyes of War
4. Prison Life

WARZONE
1. Bullshit Authority
2. Do You Know What You're Fighting For?
3. (She's A) Skinhead Girl Warrior
4. Free At Last

DOWNLOAD

BUY ALBUM


[get this widget]