PUNK DEAD - NAH MATE, THE SMELL IS JUST SUMMINK IN YER UNDERPANTS INNIT LP - COMP (VARIOUS ARTISTS)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I believe this was #1 of 3 compilations put out by Marcus Featherby on PAX Records. I've read somewhere before that the title of this record is a quote from Garry Bushell. In case you don't know who he is, he was the manager of some HUGE British punk bands of the 80's such as Blitz, the Cockney Rejects, and (I think) Angelic Upstarts. Also, he was also a member of the higly regaded Oi! band, The Gonads. In fact, you can even credit him for naming the "Oi!" genre. But yes, enough about him.

Punk Dead-Nah Mate was released in 1982 and had you went into Tower Records a year later, you might have also seen the follow-ups to this compilation. After Punk Dead-Nah Mate..., PAX Records released another compilation entitled "Bollox To The Gonads ~ Here's The Testicles". Being the average American, I have no idea where the title of this compilation came from or what it means. Although, I suspect that since it has "The Gonads" in the title that it may be another Garry Bushell reference. This compilation again included the Mau Maus on it, along with the only other returning bands, Xtract and Anti System. Regardless of the different bands, Bollox To The Gonads is still a great album and I highly recommend it if you like Punk Dead-Nah Mate.--CrassMustDie

Original Release Date: 1982
Label: Pax Records
Bitrate: 192kbps
35.5MB

TRACK LISTING

1. MAU MAUS "Give Us A Future"
2. XTRACT "War Heroes"
3. ANTI SYSTEM "Man's World"
4. MANIA "Power To The People"
5. XPOZEZ "Factory Fodder"
6. SEPTIC PSYCHOS "Not Wanted"
7. ANTI SYSTEM "Breakout"
8. XTRACT "Aftermath"
9. SEPTIC PSYCHOS "The Thatcher"
10. XPOZEZ "No Respect"
11. MAU MAUS "Clampdown"
12. MANIA "Stick Together"

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE


[get this widget]